If you have been adversely financially affected by COVID-19, you may be able to access some of your superannuation early.
You may be able to receive your money before Christmas 2020 if you submit an application online before 11 December 2020.
To be eligible, a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand must require the COVID-19 early release of super to assist them to deal with the adverse economic effects of COVID-19.
In addition, one of the following circumstances must apply:
- you are unemployed
- you are eligible to receive one of the following
- JobSeeker payment
- Youth Allowance for job seekers (unless you are undertaking full-time study or are a new apprentice)
- Parenting payment (which includes the single and partnered payments)
- Special Benefit
- Farm Household Allowance
- on or after 1 January 2020 either
- you were made redundant
- your working hours were reduced by 20% or more (including to zero)
- you were a sole trader and your business was suspended or there was a reduction in turnover of 20% or more